Image Map

Monday 23 June 2014

Get Ready With Me - Summer Wedding


Good Morning!

I thought i would do something a little bit different. I always love watching "get ready with me" videos on YouTube, but since i don't have a YouTube channel, i thought i would do a blog version!
I attended a wedding on Saturday, it was such a beautiful day with the sun shining and i thought i would share with you some pictures.
So lets get started!

When i first work up, i used a tanning mitt and got rid of the pale pasty skin! I did this in the morning so that it had a chance to develop during the day.
Since i haven't been on holiday anywhere hot to get a tan and England doesn't provide such luxurys, i had to fake it!


I use Lauren's Way Darker than Dark, self tanning mouse and i love it! I think it gives such a lovely colour which looks natural and not orange. The only thing that annoys me about this product is that it washes off - really easily! So you have to be super careful not to splash yourself while washing you hands as you will more than likely end up with a white line where the water as run down - not a good look.

The first thing i did was take off all my make up that i wore during the day - hense the yucky makeup pads!
I used Garnier Cleansing Micellar Water to take off my make up. I am not a big fan of this product, don't get me wrong, it works but i just feel i need to rub a bit more to get my make up off. I much prefer Loreal Paris Micellar Solution as it is hardly any rubbing include, just hold the cotton pads over your eyes for a few seconds and bam! Most of the make up is already been took off.


I left my eyebrow's as they were but just slightly touched them up.

I then separated my hair into three sections with clips. I do this because i find it makes it easier to curl my hair and because i have a lot of it, it means that i won't accidentally miss a piece.


I used a big barrel curling wand from BaByliss, i especially like this one because of the size of the barrel. It is 38mm so it gives lovely loose curls.


I sprayed each section with Tony & Guy's heat protection spray - which smells amazing! To protect my hair from the heat. I also used Schwarzkopf got2be volumizing hair spray to keep my curls in place throughout the night.
When i had finished my hair, i just sprayed this Loreal TXT super sizing spray at my roots to give my hair a little bit more volume.


I just thought i would include a better picture of the curling wand in case anyone wanted to see it a bit closer.


After i curled each piece of hair, i used a bobby pin and with my hand under the curl, pushed it up so that the curl would hold together and then a pinned it up against my head, while i did my makeup. I find my curls also last longer in my hair if i do this technique.


I never worry if some of the curls all out this pins because it will then gives the curls different shapes which will make it look more natural.

These are the products which i used on my face.
I didn't use any foundation because i had already fake tanned my face and i thought putting foundation over the top might make it look too much and too heavy.


Urban Decay Naked 3 - I used mugshot as a base and darkside to create a slight smokey eye
No7 Sheer Temptation Lipstick - In the shade Blooming Pink
Loreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow - I used the shade Time Resist White as an inner corner highlight
Benefit High Beam - Which i used over the cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow
Too Face Better Than False Lashes - I always use this as more of a subtle look, when i think fake eyelashes may be a bit too much
Bourjois Blush - In the shade 33 Lilas D'or 
Mac Eyeshadow - I used the shade Keep Your Cool just to darken the smokey eye slightly


A few pictures of my makeup all finished. I forgot to take a picture but i also used Urban Decays All Nighter Setting Spray to make sure my makeup didn't budge throughout the night.


I also painted my nails to match my dress. I used the shade Ballet Pump Perfection from Rimmel


I painted my nails in the morning to prevent less stressing moments! As there have been so many times i have painted my nails that night and i have ran out of time and then they smudge and it just ends up being one big stressful experience. At least if they chip you have just top it up in the evening before you head out.


While getting ready, i love to have a glass of wine (rose is my favourite) and listen to the songs on my iTunes!


To finish off, i took all the pins out my hair and gave it one last spray of hair spray. I then sprayed my all time favourite perfume by Chanel, i only spray it on special occasions as i don't want to use it up! This one is Chanel Chance Eau Tendre.


Please excuse the fact i am squinting, it was very sunny and my eyes are very sensitive! 
I brought this dress at the Clothes Show back in December last year and i am unable to find it online.



My clutch bag is from Miss Selfridge (not available online)
Watch - Michael Kors


My shoes are from New Look


I also wore this much loved ring from Henri Bendel


I hope you also had a lovely weekend, and if your in England, i hope your making the most of the glorious sunshine! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment